[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fascism patch

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fascism patch
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:18:06 +0200

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 01:48:27PM +0200, Marc Strous wrote:
> sorry
> i forgot to include the freeciv-dev address in my last message, and did not
> save it.
> could you forward it to the mailing list?
> thanks,
> marc

Ok.

----- Forwarded message from Marc Strous <marc_strous@xxxxxxxxxxx> -----

From:   "Marc Strous" <marc_strous@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     maniek@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ideas about refugees
Date:   Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:45:14 CEST

> > If Fascism is created .. how about a msg from time to time which says
> > something like this: "500.000 SOME_NATIONS_PEOPLE slain in kz camp by
> > orde
> > of LEADER"

to make the suffering of war in general more explicit in freeciv - the
concept of civil refugees could be added. This could be done by making city
workers more like units and let them flee if a city gets conquered or
sieged. Fleeing people could be cared for in refugee camps (a sort of
'settling' action of the refugees) that over time grow into cities or
refugees might over some turns be integrated into existing cities. Both
actions should cost money and food to the host. Foreign refugees fleeing
into your country would also have to be cared for.
marc