[Freeciv-Dev] Re: XML for help texts?

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: XML for help texts?
From: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:39:30 +0200

Reinier Post wrote:

> > > OK, but do they run under Windows as well?  And what about the Amiga
> > > client?
> >
> > I guess due Tor Lillqvist's great work GtkHTML should compile well
> > on Win32... The gui-win32 directory is empty in the package I've
> > got. Suppose that it utilizes native Win32 calls? Why do not embbed
> > the evil :) Explorer widget?
>
> I really don't know :)  It would not be a big problem to use XmHTML
> for the Xaw client only, I suppose.

The problem is, that - as Jeff Mallatt told me - currently only
patches which address all clients are applied to the CVS tree... :<

> No idea ... it's just that generally you want to limit the number
> of required libraries.

That's true. But I suppose that at least libxml (which is needed
by glade and GtkXmHTML which is used by GNOME are already on
many Gtk+ machines...)

--
PGP: 1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/