[Freeciv-Dev] Re: MP3 Patent Issues

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: MP3 Patent Issues
From: Jarda Benkovsky <pvt.benkovsk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:02:00 +0200

Sam BC wrote:

> Unless one sound format is eventually decided upon, then is it not worth
> working via a sound plugin API system, so you can compile one of any number
> of audio modules (akin to choice of client) dependent on preferences and on
> which libraries/apps are present?

Yes, I want to code it. In this time I do not care how the sound will be
played nor how it will be loaded. I am working on some dummy API, I will
post it when ready

I think that the quarrel on sound formats and script languages is pretty
useless atm. Let's make plugin API for sound and for scripts and when we
have API, we can do as many plugins as we wish.

                                                Edheldil