[Freeciv-Dev] Re: MP3 Patent Issues

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: MP3 Patent Issues
From: "Sam BC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:29:02 +0100

So, in review, there is nothing stopping use of MP3 sound in any way as long
as the sounds/music are ENcoded in Europe or with European software.

So, getting back to the very original reason for this discussion, if people
want to start any development for sounds (reactionary fx or ambient music)
there is no reason not to use MP3.

SamBC