Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: ideas to freeciv...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: ideas to freeciv...
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 10:41:56 -0400

Reinier Post (rp@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Great idea!  For example, the Lighthouse can be allowed by
> risking and saving a certain amount of Triremes on open sea.
> Wonders would confirm a quality a nation has shown to possess.

That sounds too arbitrary.

> > or the first civilisation having granaries in all cities could get
> > pyramids(of course the pyramid should have a different powers), the
> > first having libraries in all towns could get the great library.

Abusable... have a small number of cities.  It also makes the game
unnecessarily difficult for people with large numbers of cities.

If you change the rule to "You get the Pyramids when you've built 6
Granaries" (for example) then you make it impossible to get for players
with less than 6 cities (unless you allow multiple Granaries in a
single city?).

I think it should be left as is.

> > The
> > first nation having Embassies in all other nations could get Marco
> > Polo's embassy. I think the patten is clear.

But then what would be the point of Marco Polo's Embassy?

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers