Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] ideas to freeciv...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] ideas to freeciv...
From: Clemens Ager <clemens.ager@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 11:50:08 +0000

Hello,

I like the idea of linking wonders with special events.
eg.: the first player sailing all around the world should get the
Magellans Expedition (I think it quite strange when I get it while
playing without having a single ship ;-) )
or the first civilisation having granaries in all cities could get
pyramids(of course the pyramid should have a different powers), the
first having libraries in all towns could get the great library. The
first nation having Embassies in all other nations could get Marco
Polo's embassy. I think the patten is clear.
Of course there are some wonders like the Manhattan projekt or the
Apollo program that should be handled in the way it is now.
It would even be possible to have "dynamic" wonders. eg.: Leonardos
workshop could be in the nation with the largest science output, this is
checked every 10 turns (so it could be in several nations)...

now to two smaller ideas of mine:
1. How about continent names? I think it would add some flair. And as
I'm one of the persons that mostly use the given name for cities (and
have some with the same name) it would make duplicate names more exact
(eg. instead of Rome, Rome,... it would read Rome (Europe),
Rome(Asia),...)
2. As you've read above I use the "suggested-name-feature" for cities
extensivly ;-) How about extenting the list by adding "new" to the names
in the list (eg. London later would be New London,...)

Thanks for taking time to read my ideas...

--
Clemens