Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: generalized improvemants (PR#243)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: generalized improvemants (PR#243)
From: "Erik Sigra" <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:40:39 +0200

Hi,
I've got an idea about a completely new kind of nation in freeciv. A nation
that doesn't found new cities, irrigate, mine or anything like that. Instead
it just lives in the cities of other nations where they can become rich,
wealty and powerful. Other nations could gain a lot by letting this nation
into their cities because of the ecomomical developement they give. On the
other hand the hosting nation should be careful not to let them become too
powerful and take over. This new nation could cooperate with many
standard-kind-of-nations to become powerful and achieve victory. They would
have to focuse on diplomacy, to have good relations to powerful nations of
the world.

Maybe a rule could be added that any nation can turn into such a nation if
they get defeated and loose all their land early on?

A problem could be to balance the game so that the chance to win will be
about equal for both types of nations. And please forgive me if this has
been suggesed before.