Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: generalized improvemants (PR#243)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: generalized improvemants (PR#243)
From: 蔡恆華 <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 04:00:40 -0400 (EDT)

> I would like to see this patch broken up into smaller parts or steps,
> as much as possible, which can then be more easily checked/tested.

Agree. I posted them in several stages, it is just that they
never get into CVS, and thus keep on growing.
Unfortunately, all those patches are outdated by now.
The various stages I validated them are as follows:
1. edit ruleset files
2. introduce enums, add structures/members
3. server reads in ruleset
4. server truely implements ruleset (should have done 5 first)
5. server sends ruleset to client (should have been done before 4)
6. AI understands ruleset (I halted here)

I see a many can_eventually_build changes in the current patch,
which might be better left as could_build for the time being.
Currently, it is not working in the patch anyway,
building prerequsite check needs to be moved to can_build.

Regards,
I.Q.
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com