[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomat menu popup on goto
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
At 2000/03/25 19:03 , Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
>I just accidentally thought about it and then it struck me that it would be a
>great feature if it didn't pop up the dialog when I entered one of my own
Attached is a patch which does the following:
- Moves process_caravan_arrival() from gui-*/dialogs.c to control.c -- the
code was almost exactly the same in all three GUIs.
- Adds process_diplomat_arrival() to control.c. Changed the new client
side handle_diplomat_action() to call process_diplomat_arrival(), rather
than popup_diplomat_dialog() (as David explained in his email, popup on
goto must respect the modality of the Diplomat action -vs- city dialog).
- Adds caravan_dialog_is_open() and diplomat_dialog_is_open() to
dialogs_g.h and gui-*/dialogs.c to support the process_*_arrival() routines.
- Added lots of stuff to implement the queued Diplomat dialog to
gui-xaw/dialogs.c and gui-gtk/dialogs.c. I added a stub
caravan_dialog_is_open() to the MUI client, but it needs to be implemented.
- Removed diplomat-specific code from request_move_unit_direction(). Now
handled via server notification (much like caravans).
- Changed a printf() to freelog() in the new code. Shouldn't use printf()s.
- I didn't like throwing an unrelated value into "enum diplomat_actions",
so I moved it to a new "enum diplomat_client_actions".
- The previous patch didn't work in the special case where the diplomat
that was gotoing ran out of movement on a square adjacent to the city to
which he was moving. Early in the next turn, it was noticed that he was
moving into a city, and the new action packet was sent to the client
*before* the diplomat's unit information was being transmitted. (This may
also have caused the unit information to be incorrect whenever a gotoing
diplomat moved to a city, but I didn't test it.) I solved this by simply
sending the diplomat's unit information immediately prior to sending the
new action packet.
I didn't test this exhaustively; it could still easily contain a few bugs.
Description: Binary data
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomat menu popup on goto, Jeff Mallatt, 2000/04/08
- [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomat menu popup on goto,
Jeff Mallatt <=