[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Run for your lives! The disasters are coming!

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Run for your lives! The disasters are coming!
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Feb 2000 14:26:47 +0100

Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Yes, most definitely.  But it's a compatibility feature, at least with
> > Civ I.  If it works, tt would be a shame to let the code go to waste,
> > in my opinion.
>
> Yes, If the code is finished, we should put it into the cvs, but
> disabled as default, IMHO.

Sorry to reply to myself, but I found a great use of disasters:
Ai-matches :-)

A great (but nerdy way) to spend some money is to gather some friends,
set up a game with one human and one ai nation per friend and then
disband all your units the first turn, thus revealing the entire map.
Then you simply watch the combat that ensues, and sees which nation
wins.

The fun you ask?
Well, we each bet on one nation, and the person that selected the
winning nation wins all the money :)

Amazingly fun, IMHO :-)

A weird bug though, that we always observe is that one nation starts
mass-production of phalanx, often 6-10 per city(!), resulting in a nation
with 100-200 constantly moving phalanx. Pretty weird, but I haven't had
a chance to look into the ai-code.
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway