[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Run for your lives! The disasters are coming!

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Run for your lives! The disasters are coming!
From: "Alexandre BERAUD" <a_beraud@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:51:08 +0100 (MET)

>>You want opinions: I am FOR the disasters and if it depended on me, it

>>would not be an option. But to keep serious, I think it should not be

>>available in Civ2 mode, only in Freeciv mode.
>
>Well, feedback is always welcome.  I don't want to implement something

>people will never use (or worse, plainly hate  :-).

I have some experience in it :o/

> Since it will be a
>ruleset, it will be easily customizable, e.g. it will simply be a dummy
 list
>for Civ2 mode, and/or it can be turned off via a server option, just
like
>barbarians.

Good. But for Freeciv mode, it would be nice to add more kinds of
disasters. What about freeze waves, like in northern america, or a
meteorite fall (very rare, maybe), etc... It would make the concerned
cities to ask the government for some gold. And maybe the meteorites
could fall everywhere, even in desertic areas. Evolved enough civiliza-
tions would be automaticaly informed, and they could build protections.
They could also damage the spaceship.
Well... All these ideas should be kept for the 4.12.8 version :o)

Alex

"Holy war for holy fools,
 Blessed are those who break the rules."
             - Samael -