[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Run for your lives! The disasters are coming!

To: maniek@xxxxxxxx, jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: Run for your lives! The disasters are coming!
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:56:11 EST

From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:44:51 +0100

> Hum. I can't find mention of disasters anywhere in the Civ2 > documentation or files. Sorry I couldn't help.

IIRC, there were no disasters in Civ2.

I never played Civ2, so I wouldn't know. Since it is still listed in the TODO list at www.freeciv.org and someone did send in a list from PayCiv, I just thought it would be a good exercise to see how the rulesets work. But if they are not in Civ2, maybe we should simply leave them out? AFAICS, disasters will irritate people evern more than barbarians and will most likely be turned off. Also since our immediate goal is still CivII compatability, and some major generalization of the buildings ruleset is on the way, we can put this off till later if people still want it. Maybe we can do a poll on it. In any case, it did give me a chance to look at the code in a little more depth. :-)

Mike