[Freeciv-Dev] Re: more ai levels

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: more ai levels
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:47:14 -0200

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 07:23:09PM -0200, Lalo Martins wrote:

> Perhaps we should identify how a bad player plays, and try to
> emulate that? I volunteer as a guinea pig for that :-)

Ok, here are a few things I identified I do and could be used
on a "very easy" AI. They're not wrong per se, but they slow
down my advancement (so this would be a "less agressive" AI):

- fight for the wonders, all of them that are useful, starting
from the Pyramids, then Great Wall, Leonardo's, whatever.

- use Caravans to build Wonders; this means it builds less
settlers and military units.

- put decent space between cities, and choose better the place
for them.

- give minimal infrastructure to cities before moving on to
build the next one (irrigation on the city tile and the tile
where it draws most of its food, and if it's very close to some
other city, road).

- build harbour and temple before anything else (if available).

- worry a lot abouthappiness, and make sure all cities have
food surplus.

And one additional limiting factor could be disallowing this AI
to attack huts.

Anyone feels like coding?

(Oh, my NFS server is busted, that's why the .deb for .10 isn't
out yet.)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----