[Freeciv-Dev] A questionnaire to the mailing list

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: ludo <ludovic.crapet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>(by way of Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:03:29 -0500

Hello,
We are five students in the École Nationale Supérieure de Bretagne near
Brest in
France who are doing an "economics" project on free software.
We are working on Free Software spreading and we would like to know more about
the creators and the programmers of Free Software projects. Indeed, we
would like
to ?identify? these persons, to know their motivations in order to
understand how
the groups which work on these projects are organized.
We have already sent an email to the creators of  freeciv and of other
projects
(such as GNU Cobol, Gnome, LaTeX?). And they allowed us to send you this
email.
We will try to be precise and quick and we would really appreciate it if you
could read this e-mail and answer our questions.

1/ How old are you ?

2/ What is your current job ?

3/ What was your job when you started the project ?

4/ What are your relationships with Free Software ?
[ ] You use Free Software. Which one ? ...............................
[ ] You work in a firm which uses, creates, circulates Free Software. Which
one
? .........
[ ] Others........................

5/ Why did you decide to take part in the project ?
[ ] Fun.
[ ] Money. How did you expect to earn money with Free Software ?
[ ] To have more programming experience.
[ ] Fame.
[ ] Personals needs.
[ ] Others .................................

6/ Does your work have a link with the project ? If yes, which ?

7/ What is exactly your role in the project ?

8/ Have you ever contributed to another project using Free Software ? What
is its
name ? Could you describe it briefly ?

9/ In your opinion what have you got out of this project ?
[ ] Programming experience.
[ ] Marketing experience.
[ ] Money.
[ ] Knowledge.
[ ] Others .............................................................

10/ Do you think you will go on working on this project or on another one
(which
one ?) ?

11/ Do you serve as a go-between with other firms or associations related
to Free
Software ? Which one ?

12/ Do you see something to add to your answers ?

We thank you for taking the time to answer these questions which has helped us
to make our research clearer and more precise.

Best regards.

Bader AYACHI
Adrien BLANCHI
Sylvain CHEVET