[Freeciv-Dev] Fortify and sentry options in popup in the gtk client.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Fortify and sentry options in popup in the gtk client.
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:09:34 +0100

Besides things like "activate" and "make new homecity" you can now fortify or
sentry units from within the citydialog.

There were no nice way of changing directly from fx sentried to fortified, so
for now you have to activate the unit first. This problem tracks down to the
function can_unit_do_activity_targeted unit.c , where it returns false if you
try to change from a non-idle activity to another non-idle activity.
I did a search of all uses of the function, and I could see no reason for this
functionality; can anybody enlighten me? If there is a good reason I/we can
make a workaround one way or the other.

Anyway, the patch is good enought to be accepted with what it has got allready.

-Thue

ps: the patch is incompatible with my previous patch splitting
ACTIVITY_FORTIFIED up into two activities. Please accept or refuse some of my
patches soon :)