[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv GL - Burnout

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv GL - Burnout
From: Lord Spurius <spurius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:47:32 -0500

Well, the due date is over and I totally burned myself out on this project, I'm
sorry to say.  After being awake for near 72 hours, to the point where I
started to hallucinate and near missed my test, I'm going to be taking a break
from programming for a bit, and I doubt I'll be resuming work on freeciv.  If
someone else wishes to take over the client, or anything, its theirs - it looks
really nice, it just needs integration with the gtk client (I started work on
that, but its debatable whether or not the work I got done on it is worth
keeping).  However, the generation and display code is indeed worth keeping.
If you can give me a site to send it to, I'll upload it to freeciv.org.  I also
have several loadable 3d models and a 3d model loader included; really, all
that needs to be done is replace the 2d widgets and drawing functions, which I
was attempting to do (the program currently segfaults).  Anyways, I'll upload
if you give me a password, and you can decide if its worth keeping and
developing.  But I'm burnt out.

Really wish my group had given me the slightest bit of help...  : P

 - Rob