[Freeciv-Dev] Re: more ai level

To: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: more ai level
From: <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:51:15 +1100 (EST)

> > But with only one city, it would be too easy to beat (there is
> On of the flaws (IMO) in the whole freeciv game mechanic is how
> phenomenonally powerful it is to have many, many cities.  Enough that if you
> expand circa 20% faster than everyone else, you will surely win... but
> anyhow, the AI is fairly good at expanding fast (not as good as a human
> player, and it is very bad at expanding over sea).

Ummm. The ai is very very very good at expanding or sea.... it knows where
all the nearest continents are... It will hop in a trieme and go straight
across to an island while you are still moving around your border.

> Incidentally, once I'd figured out how to beat the easy AI (expand ASAP), I
> didn't actually find the hard AI that much harder -- I just used the same
> strat...
I find the easy ai pointless it is so lame... the only thing gets is the
pyramids (yay).

Darth bob

  It's my hope that barbarians will help to alleviate this (if