[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cost of wonders

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cost of wonders
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Feb 2000 14:02:56 +0100

Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Elephants and Crusaders, anyone? :-)

Oh, yes, please, as many as possible :-)
My first patch was to include those units, as our local game "club" has
been very used to them :-)

Seriously though, one of the things I would like to get implemented for
the next dev-version is a svar "pedantic" (or something like that) that
would make the game exactly equal to civ2 in terms of effects, wonders
etc. (But with the totally superior interface of freeciv, offcourse :)

I also wonder why united nations has a totally different effect, and why
hover dam (wonder) can only be built near mountains and river when civ2
didn't require this?

I'd love to see some nice new wonders, techs, govs and such, in a
seperate ruleset, I've gotten plenty of ideas lately :-)

The future is exciting, indeed :-)
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway