[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion / idea

To: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion / idea
From: dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:01:23 +1100 (EST)

I was just thinking about the whole ships and city walls...
A ship would ignore a city wall to... If my idea of what the ships are is
right, a large number of cannons (and very big cannons at that), a
city wall or even a fortress would not be much use. That is why there
is a costal defense upgrade. With a few costal defenses placed in cities
with a few musketeer, ships are not nearly as powerful,  a
few musketeers can stop a very large number of ironclads (can't they K =))
and they cost less.... The only problem is that is takes metallurgy to
build a costal defense upgrade....

I think Ships should ignore City walls really. That would match up with
histroy... ships have always been used to pummel a cities.

p.s. An AEGIS Cruiser is one of those cruiser that were used in WWII
That had massive amounts of Rockets yes? Shouldn't they have a slightly
larger attack... they were used for destroying entire cites weren't they?

p.s.s. What does AEGIS stand for? =)
Darth bob