[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion / idea

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Yeupou !! <yeupou@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion / idea
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 07:30:42 -0500

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 05:48:13AM -0500, Jeff Mallatt was heard to say:
> At 2000/01/28 21:41 , Daniel Burrows wrote:

> >> A ship can destroy the units in a city, but it cannot decrease the city's
> >> population or actually occupy (capture/conquer) an enemy city.  For that
> >> you need a land unit (or Helicopter).
> >
> >  I think the problem really is that ships ignore city walls.  I don't
> *think*
> >this was the case in CivII (if it was, I missed a major tactical
> consideration
> >when I was playing it :-\ )
>
> Hum.  I thought this was true, but I can't find it documented in the
> manuals right now!

  Someone else said (off-list) that city walls are in fact ignored by sea
units..I'm still amazed :)

  Daniel

--
  Whoever created the human body left in a fairly basic design flaw.  It has a
tendency to bend at the knees.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_