[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Worklist???

To: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Worklist???
From: Corin Anderson <corin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:44:30 -0800 (PST)

On 10 Jan 2000, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> I have another suggestion, though it would be probably somewhat hard:
> I would like to see the worklist integrated into the city window. The
> distinction between changing the currently building thing and managing
> the worklist seems somewhat artificial and confusing to me.

Yeah, this is a bit tricky.  I can see the big win -- the city window
would always display the worklist, with a single item being the len-1
worklist.  The hard part is figuring out how to display another list in
the city dialog.  I simply don't know how to do so in a clean fashion.  So
I'll let someone else try.  8)

In the mean time, I am adding a "(from worklist)" annotation to the
current build target in the city and city report dialog, when the city is
chugging on a worklist.  Not really what you're concerned about, but handy
nonetheless.

> For example, when I change an item being built, I often want to keep
> it in the buildlist, only on the second place, so I open the worklist
> to insert the new item in front, but then the buildlist is probably
> empty and then I have to select it from the menu...

I find that this is also my MO most of the time.  Maybe I need a Prepend
button in addition to Insert?  I'll add it and see how it looks.

Corey