Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Rapture_size in 1.9.0 (PR#194)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Rapture_size in 1.9.0 (PR#194)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 17:04:27 -0500

At 1999/12/20 02:05 , Mike Jing wrote:
>OK, here is what I have done (also see attached patch):

This looks really great.

The only thing I noticed was that in plrhand.c, you used
secfile_lookup_int() to fetch the value for the .rapture field.  This would
make all old save files incompatible.  So, I changed to it
secfile_lookup_int_default(), and used a value of 0 (zero) for the default.

>One thing that bothers me is that the variable "anarchy" is not handled in
>client/packhand.c and common/packet.c along with the other city info.
>That's why I didn't modify these files to include the new "rapture"
>variable.  But is this correct?  Could this have been overlooked when the
>"anarchy" variable was added?  Is this a problem at all?

The .anarchy field is not used in the client, so it doesn't need to be
transmitted.  The same goes for your .rapture field.

>Please take a look at the attached patch and see if I have done something
>wrong.  Thanks in advance.

I didn't notice any problems.

>P.S. I tried to test it but the server hang before I could turn up the
>luxury.  I submitted a bug report on that with the game save file.  Please
>take a look at it and see what was wrong.  I will start another game and try
>it again.

I did some very cursory testing, and it all seems to work!

jjm