Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Rapture_size in 1.9.0 (PR#194)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Rapture_size in 1.9.0 (PR#194)
From: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 09:02:01 -0800 (PST)

After some more thinking and looking at the code more carefully, I think there is a problem with the way rapture_size is currently used. Now a rapture_size of zero is used to indicate that a city cannot grow by celebrating, but even then it can still celebrate, and to determine when it should celebrate we have to know the rapture_size. Because rapture is possible under all forms of government, rapture_size should never be zero. Therefore, we need a separate indicator for being able to grow by celebrating. It's impossible to avoid hardwiring the number into the code without such a change.