Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Races ruleset - patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Races ruleset - patch
From: Ed Cogburn <ecogburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:52:32 +0000

Paul Zastoupil wrote:

> But the point in freeciv is that the Germans did not "settle" Prague.

        There is no distinction between a city that was built by one of
your settlers, and a city you conquered from some other nation.
AFAIK, none of the Civ games make such a distinction.  In freeciv
terms, Prague was conquered in 1939 by Nazi Germany just before
WW2 started.  For a WW2 scenario, Nazi Germany would start the
game controlling Prague.  I'm not talking about the Modern Germany
nation set's list of cities.

> So it shouldn't be a part of the German city names.

        Not part of the modern Germany nation set's cities, right.  I was
referring to a hypothetical 'historical' WW2 nation set which
included Nazi Germany, USSR, US, England, etc, used for a WW2
scenario (civ2 has this).

--
Ed C.