Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion: FreeCiv on a Hex!

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion: FreeCiv on a Hex!
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:56:28 -0300

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 08:51:04PM -0700, Michael A. Rouse wrote:
> There are two related suggestions I think would improve the appearance and
> playability of FreeCiv. First, use a fractal terrain generator to create
> the planet the Civs live on. Second, replace the square tiles and movement
> with hexagonal tiles and movement.

There are people who want squares, people who want isometric
Civ-like diamonds, and now people who want hexes (and as an
old-time RPG player I can see how the game could benefit from
that). Perhaps we should add as a goal for, say, 2.1, to get rid
of all code that depends on the square-ness of tiles? So the
shape of tiles would be a matter of choosing a ruleset and
tileset? Ok, I know that's a tough proposition, but sounds
feasible and I can see people wanting to implement it.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.