Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Debian package finally, and freeciv.desktop

To: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Debian package finally, and freeciv.desktop
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:19:27 -0300

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 11:38:21PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:

> I happened to do a cvs checkout of the freeciv source today (I was
> thinking about a couple of ideas, like writing some AI to make
> settlers connect cities and maybe hacking together some Python code
> that will act like a client to experiment with) and did a Debian build
> on a Pentium box at work; the Xaw3d client seems to work OK, but the
> "gtk" client is actually linked against Xaw!  (I think it picked up
> the wrong binary or something after building... it dumps core like the
> xaw binary w/o a wrapper, so I assume that's what happened.)

I need to add a little error-checking to the rules. The gtk
client is the "default" build, so if it needs some "configure"
options - for example, if gtk is in some non-standard place -
and does not find gtk, it builds the stuff linked with xaw
instead of failing.

Also, if you have the potato version of xaw-wrappers, the xaw
binary should not crash! (See below for possible explanation)

> Also, all of the client packages provide the civclient and civserver
> manpages; in fact, so does the server package.

This tells me you checked the stuff out _before_ my last checkin
(made around the same time I sent the message that started this
thread). The last one fixes some stuff - including this one -
but it still won't error-check the gtk build.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.