Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] AI

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] AI
From: Jean-Christophe Groult <jcgroult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:47:34 +0200 (MET DST)

hello,

I study Artificial Intelligence at the University of Caen (Normandie,
France) and as a project is needed, I decide to make an Artificial
Player for FreeCiv. The purpose is not to make the best player because
I am not the best too ;-) furthermore the current AI player is quite
good.

The subject of the project is about communication. So I will focus on
the ability to negotiate diplomatic treaty (propose/accept/refuse). The
decision must be context-sensitive. It will be done by the marking of
others players with several criteria: is he a novice or an expert ?
What does he prefer ? army, economics or science ? Is he powerful
enough ? Is he *too* powerful ? Can I trust him ?...

The ability to play will certainly be quite reduced, but easily
modifiable. I hope it will be an interesting opponent.

By the end of the month, more explanation will be available on an
home page, but first usable version will be downloadable only next
month.

What I need: as this project will be mark, I must be alone to code,
but any documentation (or advise) is welcome. Furthermore I need some
log files of games and a short note that explain why you (the player)
propose/accept/refuse a diplomatic treaty.

JC Groult
University of Caen

PS: I will be happy to help to code the runtime scripting.