Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Debian package finally, and freeciv.desktop

To: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Debian package finally, and freeciv.desktop
From: Chris Lawrence <quango@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:38:21 -0500

On Jun 10, Lalo Martins wrote:
> Yes, I fixed the xaw-wrappers nonsense so I will be uploading
> freeciv 1.8.0 and +cvs19990610 tomorrow. I planned to upload
> them today but master is too slow and I'm at work so I can't
> monopolize the network for too long :-) But some of the .deb's
> of the cvs snapshot are already there.
>
> The debian/ directory to build 1.8.0 or a CVS snapshot is
> already in CVS - I'm checking in the last fixes right now.

I happened to do a cvs checkout of the freeciv source today (I was
thinking about a couple of ideas, like writing some AI to make
settlers connect cities and maybe hacking together some Python code
that will act like a client to experiment with) and did a Debian build
on a Pentium box at work; the Xaw3d client seems to work OK, but the
"gtk" client is actually linked against Xaw!  (I think it picked up
the wrong binary or something after building... it dumps core like the
xaw binary w/o a wrapper, so I assume that's what happened.)

Also, all of the client packages provide the civclient and civserver
manpages; in fact, so does the server package.

Chris
|          Chris Lawrence         |       Get your Debian 2.1 CD-ROMs       |
|     <quango@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    |        http://www.lordsutch.com/        |
|     Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |     Do you want your bank to snoop?     |
|    University of Mississippi    |    http://www.defendyourprivacy.com/    |