Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] struct government + AI

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] struct government + AI
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:24:58 -0400

Peter Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxx) wrote:

> BTW, is it possible to assign an empire size to a government ?
> Empire size as in a modificator to the city factor .. .

There already is such a factor, but it's implicit:

int content_citizens(struct player *pplayer)
{
  int cities =  city_list_size(&pplayer->cities);
  int content = game.unhappysize;
  int basis   = game.cityfactor - (G_DEMOCRACY - pplayer->government);

  if (cities > basis)
    content--;
  return content;
}

I pointed out the problems with this code a while back; there may still
be other places where government values are hard-coded.  I haven't
looked at Sune's patches in great detail, so he(?) may have fixed this
along with other things.

If it doesn't, then I'd love to see this (G_DEMOCRACY - X) value moved
into a "government struct", and preferably into a ruleset file.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.