Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] struct government + AI

To: Sune Kirkeby <sune@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] struct government + AI
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 18:06:47 +0200

Sune Kirkeby wrote:

> Now that the core functionality of the struct government
> patch has stabilized, it is time to update the AI, so
> that it may choose governments based on information given
> to it in struct government and not based on hardcoded
> evaluations of governments.
>
> For this I could use some input on how people imagine it
> might be done. I see three possible paths for how the AI
> might evaluate a government:
>
> 1) Given the extra_*, free_* and other fields the AI evaluates
>    which government suites it best.
> 2) New fields in struct government that evaluate the governments
>    suitability for certain tasks, in some integer range.
> 3) Flags in struct government that the AI can use to find
>    the best suited government for a task.
>
> Sune Kirkeby

There are two ways I see the current AI would handle this:

A) virtually switch to all governments one after the other,
   optimize all cities and luxury rates,
   then choose the best.
-This is somewhat hard to do today, since it will use quite
 some cpu time.

B) Do like it is now, have the ai have a preference towards
  certain goverments.
  IMHO, ai should still prefer REPUBLIC over DEMOCRACY,
  unless it has built womens suffrage.

BTW, is it possible to assign an empire size to a government ?
Empire size as in a modificator to the city factor .. .

There probably should be .. .
Also ai could then choose a 'best government matching empire size.

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program