Re: [Freeciv-Dev] a suggestion

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] a suggestion
From: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 20:26:24 +0000

> Bobby Bryant has an Ancients modpack, and I'm doing some preliminary work
> on a Fantasy modpack. This one will be radically different from the
> standard civ 1 and civ 2 rulesets, and I'm hoping to come up with lots of
> suggestions for ways we can make freeciv a bit more flexible. Unfortunatly
> I can't get Bobby's modpack to download properly.

Sounds swell, are you guys going to have special webpages for thoes
modpacks? If I can get some urls then ill start making a modpack section
on the download section.

How is modpacks handled now in 1.8.0?

If I understand this correct the civ:ctp and the freeciv mode would be
there when we think we are finished with the civ II mode. and can start
on the civ:ctp mode. If of course somebody thinks it would be fun.
The freeciv mode could be for stuff we want in freeciv but doesnt belong
in the civ I, civ II or civ:ctp modes. The freeciv mode and the civ:ctp
mode could be built from the present civ II mode.

> Actually, that's the least of my problems at the moment. I can sympathise
> with Alex and his Slackware distro. I HAD a broken, half-installed Redhat
> 5.1 distro which didn't properly recognise my PCMCIA cards, so I had to
> dual boot to Win95 (ugh!) to get any net connectivity happening. I decided
> to download OpenBSD 2.5 and have a look, and not only did I fail to get
> the last 158 bytes of a 18 MB .tar.gz, but I think those bytes got
> scrawled over the start of my linux partition, and now I can't boot to
> Linux at all. :(

Sorry to hear that :(

Best regards

Martin Willemoes Hansen

  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   |  E-Mail  mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   |  IRC     MWH/DR_NICK ; ircnet,
openprojects