Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gtk client minor bugs

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gtk client minor bugs
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 21:25:58 +0100 (WET DST)

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

> David Pfitzner wrote:
>
> > The list of current technologies in the science report is too
> > short by default.  (Also, I much prefered the multi-column
> > format of the Xaw client for this.)
>
> Also, when you pull down the list for what to set as the next goal, the
> list is sometimes so long that you can't see the whole thing.  Would it
> be possible to have it drop so far as the bottom of your screen, and
> have "more " as the final entry?

Actually i think this should be the default gtk+ behaviour.  Alas it
isn't.  My suggestion is that you send your comment to the gtk+
developers.  That way all gtk+ applications will benefit (Motif seems to
work like you mentioned by default).

> > City report and messages windows should be longer by default?
>
> A lot of windows containing lists are too small.  I wonder if they
> shouldn't open to the minimum of big enough to show the whole list vs.
> big enough not to run off your desktop?  Alternatively, leave their
> current small size as a default, but anytime you resize a window have
> the redraw routine write the new size to your resource file, to serve as
> a default for the future.

Hum. Maybe.  If everyone agrees with this i'll include it by default in
the client.  Does everyone agree?

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering