Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gtk client minor bugs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gtk client minor bugs
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 02:21:13 -0500

David Pfitzner wrote:

> The list of current technologies in the science report is too
> short by default.  (Also, I much prefered the multi-column
> format of the Xaw client for this.)

Also, when you pull down the list for what to set as the next goal, the
list is sometimes so long that you can't see the whole thing.  Would it
be possible to have it drop so far as the bottom of your screen, and
have "more " as the final entry?

> City report and messages windows should be longer by default?

A lot of windows containing lists are too small.  I wonder if they
shouldn't open to the minimum of big enough to show the whole list vs.
big enough not to run off your desktop?  Alternatively, leave their
current small size as a default, but anytime you resize a window have
the redraw routine write the new size to your resource file, to serve as
a default for the future.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas