Re: [Freeciv-Dev] a suggestion

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] a suggestion
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 08:48:47 -0400

Martin Willemoes Hansen (mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> The freeciv mode could be for stuff we want in freeciv but doesnt belong
> in the civ I, civ II or civ:ctp modes. The freeciv mode and the civ:ctp
> mode could be built from the present civ II mode.

There's a much bigger difference between Civ2 and CTP than there is
between Civ1 and Civ2, in terms of game mechanics.  While I think it
may be possible to build a CTP mode into the game, it would have to
pretty much dominate the code -- the Civ2 and Freeciv modes would then
become the special cases, as Civ1 is the special case now.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.