Re: [Freeciv-Dev] a suggestion

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] a suggestion
From: Mark Nettle <markn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:53:16 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:

> Hi Freecivers!
>
> IIRC we have two modes in Freeciv a civ I and civ II mode. What about
> having a Freeciv mode and a civ:ctp mode too? I guess we will need em
> soon.

Bobby Bryant has an Ancients modpack, and I'm doing some preliminary work
on a Fantasy modpack. This one will be radically different from the
standard civ 1 and civ 2 rulesets, and I'm hoping to come up with lots of
suggestions for ways we can make freeciv a bit more flexible. Unfortunatly
I can't get Bobby's modpack to download properly.

Actually, that's the least of my problems at the moment. I can sympathise
with Alex and his Slackware distro. I HAD a broken, half-installed Redhat
5.1 distro which didn't properly recognise my PCMCIA cards, so I had to
dual boot to Win95 (ugh!) to get any net connectivity happening. I decided
to download OpenBSD 2.5 and have a look, and not only did I fail to get
the last 158 bytes of a 18 MB .tar.gz, but I think those bytes got
scrawled over the start of my linux partition, and now I can't boot to
Linux at all. :(

        Mark