Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8 bugs

To: Carsten Engelmann <carsten.engelmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8 bugs
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 22:06:47 +0000 (GMT)

> > For my client, it seems to work.
> >      - I select the tech I want.
> >      - Help about this tech is displayed.
> >      - I close the tech help.
> >      - The tech help window closes. In the science dialog window, the
> > tech I selected is still selected.
> Well, the old one remains selected.
Different behaviour means a bug. :-(

> > > 3)Odd combat results which seem to favour the attacker. I'll have to
> > > check this further.

> I compared it with Civ2 and there seem to be 2 reasons:
> - more random(Archers failing twice in a row again Horsemen)
> - There is exhaustion without a warning that I had seen.
Our random generator is Knuth certified.

The last idea of "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
concerning tiles sets is a good one. He proprosed to put in common
all tiles which has been drawn for differents units. So when
people when to do a new tiles sets, they have a big choice for choosing
their tiles.

> I found another issue(bug?):
> Luxuries are often quite high even without entertainers
> when Luxuries rating is set to zero.
> Under Anarchy one of my cities was celebrating a WLTP day.
Under Anarchy, all the extra trade ressource is converted into lux which
leads to the situation you describe.
> I have a save file for that.
>
> Are there any thoughts about implementing diplomacy for the AI players?
There has been discussion from time to time about it.
The first hack would be to add a relashionship between players.
And use this array is basic functions such as is_ennemy_unit.
After that, It would be easiest for people to do patches.

Best regards,