Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8 bugs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8 bugs
From: Carsten Engelmann <carsten.engelmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 18:46:27 +0200

Hello all,

Thank you for 4 replies.

Nicolas Brunel wrote:
> > 1) When using help while selecting the next tech to research I actually
> > cannot select. I need to switch back to no help
> For my client, it seems to work.
>      - I select the tech I want.
>      - Help about this tech is displayed.
>      - I close the tech help.
>      - The tech help window closes. In the science dialog window, the
> tech I selected is still selected.
Well, the old one remains selected.
It's not a big problem.

> > 3)Odd combat results which seem to favour the attacker. I'll have to
> > check this further.
>
> It depens on the units.
> Look at units.ruleset to see attack force and defend force for each
> unit. After that, read the combat section of the inline help
> to have a deeper understanding of combat works.
I compared it with Civ2 and there seem to be 2 reasons:
- more random(Archers failing twice in a row again Horsemen)
- There is exhaustion without a warning that I had seen.

> You can draw a new regular tileset for freeciv.
I'm thinking of chnageing the current one. Most of it is OK.
But e.g. the Warrior shouldn't have a pike, maybe just a stick.
Hills could be somewhat bigger.

> I have another idea.
> "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> has done
> a modpack for freeciv. He modified freeciv rules to cover the history
> upto gunpowder. It works already. But, he hasn't yet draw new tiles
> for the unit. If you have some time, you can draw units for his modpack.
> If you interested, send him a mail. I'm sure he will interested !
I will contact him.

I found another issue(bug?):
Luxuries are often quite high even without entertainers
when Luxuries rating is set to zero.
Under Anarchy one of my cities was celebrating a WLTP day.
I have a save file for that.

Are there any thoughts about implementing diplomacy for the AI players?

-Carsten