Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8 bugs

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8 bugs
From: Carsten Engelmann <carsten.engelmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 18:57:47 +0200

Hi Vasco,

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:
> I haven't tried cygwin32 but with M$ Visual C++ 6.0 the client just
> crashes for some reason.
It would be very suprising if it worked.
Networking and GUI are different with Windows compilers.
The GUI would'nt be such a big thing but the networking is(for me).
The rest of the code should compile giving you object files.

> I'll look further at Win32 porting once we get 1.8.1 out.  If someone
> feels like they're up to the task they're more than welcome to proceed.
> I'll help them in whatever way i can.
I have MSVC6, lcc and Watcom C installed and I run Linux at work.
I'm quite interested in AI and have written an entire AI for a
commercial game.  It's the most interesting part of Freeciv for me
but would take a lot of effort fo me to get in.

-Carsten