Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [freeciv-dev] Apparent bugs in recent CVS.

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: - freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [freeciv-dev] Apparent bugs in recent CVS.
From: Patrick Smith <patsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 01:30:22 +0000

"Bobby D. Bryant" wrote:

> Here are some things I've spotted while playing under the CVS version of
> 23-Apr.
> 2) The interface keeps on switching to put my keystrokes in the message
> buffer rather than using them for orders or for centering the screen.
> For instance, my message buffer right now says "cccg cw wwgrrf".  I have
> not figured out what causes the switchover.  Nor have I figured out what
> makes it switch back to the correct behavior.  It is always correct at
> the start of a turn, and sometimes after it goes awry it straightens
> itself out after I click away a popup window, but the latter does not
> always work.  (I am still able to play, because the menu commands still
> work normally even when the keyboard input is confused.)

I've noticed the same thing with the GTK client.  (I don't remember
ever seeing this happen with the Xaw client.)

I've always been able to get it to treat the next key press correctly
by clicking with the right mouse button first in the section where the
messages are output and then on the map.
--
patsmith@xxxxxxxxx