Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [freeciv-dev] Apparent bugs in recent CVS.

To: - freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [freeciv-dev] Apparent bugs in recent CVS.
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:49:17 -0500

Patrick Smith wrote:

> "Bobby D. Bryant" wrote:
> >
> > 2) The interface keeps on switching to put my keystrokes in the message
> > buffer rather than using them for orders or for centering the screen.
>
> I've noticed the same thing with the GTK client.  (I don't remember
> ever seeing this happen with the Xaw client.)
>
> I've always been able to get it to treat the next key press correctly
> by clicking with the right mouse button first in the section where the
> messages are output and then on the map.

I've discovered since I wrote that you can also restore the correct behavior
by pushing the left or right key on the keypad once.  You notice a slight
"flash" of a quick color change in the message areas, and then it's back in
the right mode.  (The "flash" may be specific to your gtk theme.)  Oddly
enough, the diagonal keys on the keypad don't restore the correct behavior.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas