Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
[freeciv-dev] Apparent bugs in recent CVS.

To: - freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-dev] Apparent bugs in recent CVS.
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:02:00 -0500

Here are some things I've spotted while playing under the CVS version of
23-Apr.

1) Message:  "Babylon has finished building X.  Babylon is now building
X."  Since I'm testing my modpack, X = Fish Market.  However, I presume
the change is only cosmetic (Fish Market = B_HARBOUR).  I think this
error occured because whenever you set a city to producing buildings, it
automatically continues with another building whenever it finishes the
current one.  But in this case there were no more buildings available,
and it didn't know to switch to a unit.  (But now that I think of it,
how would it know which unit it should switch to?  Maybe it just needs a
warning message to replace "Babylon is now building X", something like
"Babylon needs new production orders", just to keep it from looking so
funny.)

2) The interface keeps on switching to put my keystrokes in the message
buffer rather than using them for orders or for centering the screen.
For instance, my message buffer right now says "cccg cw wwgrrf".  I have
not figured out what causes the switchover.  Nor have I figured out what
makes it switch back to the correct behavior.  It is always correct at
the start of a turn, and sometimes after it goes awry it straightens
itself out after I click away a popup window, but the latter does not
always work.  (I am still able to play, because the menu commands still
work normally even when the keyboard input is confused.)

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas