Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug in freeciv1.8.0 ?

To: brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: oleg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug in freeciv1.8.0 ?
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:28:50 +1000

Nicolas Brunel wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Oleg Bulyzhin wrote:
>
> >     b) in function city_refresh() (in server/cityturn.c) function
> >        citizen_happy_buildings() called before city_support()...
> >        Result: temple,colosseum,cathedral doesn't eliminate unhappiness
> >                caused by "aggro" units.
> >        Is it right? I found nothing about that in rules. It's incorrect
> >        i guess.
> >
> It seems to me that you are rigth.
> If I remember well, It was the behaviour in civI.
> Can anyone check please ?

In Civ1, there is a definite order in which happiness effects occur
(you get to see the results from each step in the happiness sub-dialog
of a city dialog), and you can have the result described above.
So I think freeciv is doing the right thing here, though it should
perhaps be better documented.

(Note that temple,colosseum,cathedral _do_ usually still help with
aggro units, by resulting in fewer other people unhappy, and/or more
happy people to balance the unhappies, but there are some cases
where they cannot help.)

Regards,
-- David