Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Additional metaserver?

To: Peter Dam Mains <lancelot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Additional metaserver?
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:46:44 +0000 (GMT)

Here a choice has to be done,

        for the time being lots of distributions will have a version
older than 1.8.0. I'd like them to be abble to use the metaserver.
For the release of 1.8.0, we need a metaserver. We can't test the
1.8.0pre2 in network game. That's bad karma. The aim of having
2 metaservers was if a civserver doesn't receive info from a metaserver
it can switch to another metaserver. It's why i like the 768 or 1024
packet size solution. I'd like that a solution is found quite fast.
We need to be abble to use a metaserver for 1.8.0.

        Can someone look into the code and see what can be done ?

Regards,