Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Additional metaserver?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Additional metaserver?
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 13:00:53 +0100

> You've got a point there, I'll leave the webpages untouched.

But I have a request for two additional fields in the report:

1) an additional field for the number of humans connected to the game
2) the time the report was last received

1 helps me avoid all-robot games, 2 helps me to find out when a civserver
  has become unreachable, or when the whole metaserver is down

> suggested an extra port was that I thought it would be a good idea to be able
> to run the metaserver on a machine without relying on a webserver to host it,
> just for the added flexibility, but I guess that's not necesary.

Well, an alternative is to implement a trivial HTTP server within the
metaserver, but don't bother, Apache runs everywhere.

--
Reinier Post