Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Catching up + Some thoughts - comments sought

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Catching up + Some thoughts - comments sought
From: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:34:00 -0500 (EST)

#1.  There was some talk about making the civil war random rather than
#absolute.  Has anything happened over this?  It certainly was my intention
#when I wrote the civil war code that there be a `chance' component (ala
#civ2)

I like that idea.  How many military units you have in the city could also
be taken in account, depending on your government.

#So, how about Spy vs Diplomat giving a 50% greater chance to the Spy.  If the
#comments are favorable I'll write a patch.

I really hate having send over a whole transport of spies just to defeat one
diplomat.

#5.  Anyone want to change the AI to use the diplomats aggressively (for the
#higher levels)?  I'm scared of the AI code, but a recent game of Civ2 reminds
#me that the Microprose AI does steal tech etc...  John was intending to do
#this, but seems to have undergone spontaneously combustion after writing what
#is now the `Hard' AI.

Erg.  Keep that in the hard AI, please. ;-)

                        cheers,
                                matt

Matt Busigin [Perl/Tcl/Sh/C/C++/Lex/Yacc/HTML UNIX Programmer]
      Member of Geeks Anonymous - http://geeksanon.ab.ca
      e-mail : spod(at)ewtoo.org, jediknight(at)xwing.org
      web    : http://kharduin.net/~mbusigin
      talker : tb.dynip.com 2010