Re: [Freeciv-Dev] qt-Freeciv client !

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] qt-Freeciv client !
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:24:01 -0300

On Feb 22, Sergei Bolotin decided to present us with:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Lalo Martins wrote:
>
> > Yes, it does, but the GPL does not allow anyone to use code
> > released under GPL it with Qt as distributed under the current
> > license. The whole reason QPL appeared was so that people could
>
> what section of the GPL forbids it? exactly?

(sigh)

All of it. It's the whole spirit. But if you want the letter,
please go to gnu.misc.discuss newsgroup, or ask gnu@xxxxxxx (I
can't promise he won't flame you or point you to some FAQ). But
for exaple you may try Section 10. I won't start quoting the GPL
here and please kill this thread, it happened a lot of times
before (search dejanews if you absolutely need). Waiting for Qt
2.0 won't hurt you, it will probably be easier to code (read
less clumsy) and by that time FreeCiv will probably have an UI
abstraction layer that may do half of the hard work.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.