Re: [Freeciv-Dev] qt-Freeciv client !

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] qt-Freeciv client !
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:38:12 -0300

On Feb 22, Sergei Bolotin decided to present us with:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Lalo Martins wrote:
>
> > Here's what _I_ say about it:
> >
> > 1: unless you use a version of Qt released under the QPL (not
> > yet released, last time I checked), then you won't be able to
> > distribute the resulting code unless you have permission from
> > _everyone_ who _ever_ contributed code to FreeCiv.
>
> you're wrong.. the current "QT free edition license" allows anybody
> to use it with software distributed under the GPL (or GLPL)..

Yes, it does, but the GPL does not allow anyone to use code
released under GPL it with Qt as distributed under the current
license. The whole reason QPL appeared was so that people could
use it in GPLed programs without licensing problems.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.