Re: [Freeciv-Dev] qt-Freeciv client !

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] qt-Freeciv client !
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:07:40 -0300

On Feb 22, Nicolas Brunel decided to present us with:

> I think the original authors of freeciv have to signed papers to use
> a gpl license. I don't see in the gpl license why every contributors
> will have to agree to the use of qt ?

Because the code contributed by each contributor is owned
(copyright-wise) by that contributor. When Joe R. Hacker sends a
patch to FreeCiv, he is agreeing to have this code incorporated
in Freeciv, and thus implictly licensing it under the current
FreeCiv license (GPL). To change the FreeCiv license without
authorization from each contributor would be legally equivalent
to stealing those people's code.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----