[Freeciv-Dev] Downloadable Modules

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Downloadable Modules
From: iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:05:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I noticed that the .bz2 file size has increased from 600k+ to 800k+ recently.
It now cost much more bandwidth to download and diskspace to compile.
I would like to suggest that we break additional features into seperated modules
 and you can download whatever you need.
Of course, there can still be one complete distribution.
It is best to start this before it is too late.

Below are the few modules I see fit so far :
        1. Client
        2. Server
        3. AI (might be too difficult to break apart)
        4. Tileset
        5. Ruleset
        6. CivilWar
        7. SpaceRace

Also, obsoleted features (such as rate change dialog) can be removed.

Regards,
I.Q.

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com