Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion
From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:09:08 +0100

Andrew E. Schulman wrote:
> Actually, in a large game, one of the most tedious parts is moving large
> numbers of units across channels by transports: move to the port, sentry,
> activate transport, move it to the next port, unload, send transport back,
> continue journey.  A railroad over water would be much easier.

If I remember well, it is possible to build railroads on boats ... So
you just need to line them up, build railroads and there you go. There
is still something that is anoying though: in civ2 a unit automatically
goes to sleep when going in a boat ... so one has to wake it up in each
transport.

Alan